Wednesday, February 11, 2015

Week 20: Add Random Subject Here






Where Elder Muller was born!! Mortsel, Belgium Sint-Jozef Hospital




City Hall of Antwerpen, Belgium
Cathedral of Antwerpen

Sint-Jozef Hospital, Mortsel, Belgium
Hello everyone! Welcome back to Antwerpen... Where we last left off we were destroying this city with missionary work... today, we still are! 

Anyhoo, it was a fun week this week. We had our first district meeting of the transfer. It's kind of funny because the Zone Leaders, and the Sister Training Leader (Sister Jones from Antwerpen) travel a lot, so only half our district is ever at district meeting! It was still great though. We talked about teaching with the Spirit, and RAD's (Restoration and Doop (baptism)).  I don't know how it works in other missions, but here we invite people to be baptized at the end of the first lesson. We call it a RAD. 

I also was in Sint Niklaas and Lokeren on exchanges this week. They are super cool cities. I got some lekker pics. I was with Elder Van de Merwe, no he's not Dutch, but his forefathers are. We had a great time. We taught some great lessons, and I found out that if you haven't biked long distance for a long time, it's hard haha. We had a great day though, it was a lot of fun. At the end of the day we had to bike over this huge bridge that went over the highway. The whole way up I was praying for help, and the whole way down I was singing songs of joy and gratitude haha.

Sint Niklaas, Belgium
Sint Niklaas by Night
Lokeren, Belgium
Funny story, on the way to the train station to exchange back, I got lost in Sint Niklaas! Elder Van de Merwe got a bit ahead of me because I was stuck behind a slower moving fietser (someone riding a bicycle) who I couldn't pass because of oncoming traffic. Next thing I know, I have no idea where I am, and Elder Van de Merwe was gone! I had missed the turn, and Vande didn't notice. Thank goodness for really tall churches! If you can find that, you can find the centrum, and if you can find the centrum, you can find the train station! It was pretty funny though. Life of a missionary!

We also worked in Mortsel a bit this week. I took lots of pics. It's weird seeing so many things I recognize!!!


Trams in Mortsel!
We got some cool new potential investigators that we are hoping to solidify this next week, so that will be fun. I'm also going to be back in Sint Niklaas again. I'm excited. 

Weeeell that's about it. Here's something from my personal study this week.

I studied Moroni 10 and all the things he exhorts us to do. I found 8 main points, but I'll let you figure those out. :) 

Something interesting about truth. One of the names of Christ is the Truth. So if we want to know the truth, we have to know Christ. If we want to know Christ, study the Truth! As you learn truth, you learn of Christ. Interesting little paradox/thought puzzle for you guys.

Tot Volgende Keer!

Elder Müller

Elder Muller's theme in pictures this week seemed to be to taunt his family with frituur shops we love and other foods we love!


Awesome Frituur (Fry) Place
 

This one was especially for his sister, Hillary! Her favorite rice taartje!
Delicious Sugar Waffles...yum
Life in the land of over 100 beers!
Really, Elder Muller? Now he is really just rubbing it in!


No comments:

Post a Comment