Monday, March 14, 2016

't is een beetje winderig toch?



Last District Meeting - lots of good-byes





Hallo schatjes!
I'm in Haarlem! My luggage is fine if any of you were wondering. (Elder Muller was pranked! A helpful member moved most of his luggage and bike for him the night before he transferred to Haarlem.  They took it by car from Delft to his new place in Haarlem. This made it easier for Elder Muller since he didn't have to drag it all by himself on the train. To make sure the Haarlem Elders did not go through it, this helpful member tied Elder Muller's luggage zippers together with wire, and then wrapped plastic wrap all around the luggage and the bike!)

This has been a really long/crazy/fast/good/emotional/sad/all the feels week. I was able to say goodbye to everyone in Den Haag, which was pretty hard, but thankfully I will see them all again. :)
Transfer day was the hardest. I went through Leiden (where the mission office is) so I was able to see almost everyone going home. A lot of really great friends. Elders Bishesar, Thom, Henderson, I love you guys. I will miss all of you a ton!
Sisters:
Doxey
Kimmons
Lemich
Maughan
Mashburn
Hansen
Fleming
Manning
Jensen
Johansson
Cowles
Twiggs
I LOVE ALL OF YOU GUYS SO MUCH! I am so grateful that I was able to serve these past 18 months with all of you. I have learned and grown from you so much this past year and a half. You really are the best sisters this mission has ever seen. I look up to you all so much. You really have no idea how much I'm going to miss each and every single one of you. You have changed so many lives here, you will never be forgotten. I could not have asked for better friends to come to this mission with. I can't wait to party with all of you in a couple months :)
The rest of the week we just were busy. We went non stop. It feels really good. :) This area has a lot of really good potential, so I'm excited to be able to work here.Something that I have been thinking about recently is Easter. It's coming up soon, and so I wanted to share with you some thoughts that I've had. 
First off, if you haven't seen the new Easter video, go watch it -> easter.mormon.org 

The words that I have written on the front of my planner this transfer are "Ours is the victory" 

In a world where calamity, doubt, fear, pain, persecution, and hopelessness reign, we can be the victors, through the Lord Jesus Christ. We are the victors. The battle is already won, He overcame all of these things through His atoning sacrifice. If we give ourselves over to Him, we become victors with Him. No one else can offer us that.

Acts 4:12
  Neither is there salvation in any other: for there is none other name under heaven given among men, whereby we must be saved.


Romans 8:16-18
16 The Spirit itself beareth witness with our spirit, that we are the children of God:

17 And if children, then heirs; heirs of God, and joint-heirs with Christ; if so be that we suffer with him, that we may be also glorified together.
18 For I reckon that the sufferings of this present time are not worthy to be compared with the glory which shall be revealed in us.


As we do our best to follow the example of Jesus Christ by developing Christlike attributes, we become joint heirs with him. My invitation for you this week is to watch this video, https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O0YNVqEYlkU and think about one or two Christlike attributes that you can improve on this Easter season. We did this a couple transfers ago as a mission, and I know that it can work for you all as well. 

I love you guys. I hope you have a great week. Stay strong! 

Oh, the title is a quote from my new comp, Elder Leishman. We were walking down the street and he said that and I lost it. It means something in Dutch, but I'll let you figure it out. :) (Ok, so I'm 99.9% certain I know what this title means, but I really don't know if I want to translate it for the blog!!  You all just might have to let this one go....no pun intended!)


Elder Muller


More farewell pictures from Delft. Again, for privacy sake, I have not listed the names of people except for missionaries!































Last District Picture! I wish I could list all the names, but I don't know everyone! I will do my best. Starting with the Sisters - Jones, Maughan, ?? and Manning. I only recognize four Elders! Starting from Left to Right-Elders Foltz (peaking out from the back!) , Isaksen, Clukey and Muller! I'm sorry to those I cannot identify!! Elder Muller didn't include the names!!








More good-byes with Sisters Manning and Maughan who are going home.


Sister Maughan, Elders Clukey, Isaksen and Muller














Elder Muller's son, Elder Foltz


























Mustache fun! Elder Foltz and Elder Muller


Mustaches are cool!

Having fun with last pictures as companions! 


Sisters Kimmons and Doxey saying good-bye!

Sisters Fleming and Manning saying good-bye


Good-byes with Sisters Jensen, Lemish and Mashburn. With Elder da Silva in the background! Elder Muller and Elder da Silva were in the MTC together! Elder da Silva is one of the new AP's! (Assistant to President Bunnell)


Sisters Twigg and Maughan


Elder Prosman and Elder Muller!




















No comments:

Post a Comment