Tuesday, January 12, 2016

Sometime, We'll Understand


The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints

Delft, Nederland (Too bad the Amstel Brewery truck photo bombed the picture!)
Monday, January 11, 2016

Hey fellow people. 

How are you? I'm doing great, thanks for asking.

I have thought a lot about what I wanted to write home about this week. Nothing too crazy happened this week, just missionary work. We biked to church with a less active. (Go pull out you map, and check the distance from the Delft train station to the Leersumstraat 11. We did that on bikes in the rain, in suits) It was worth it to get her back to church again. #missionlife!

So I have been thinking a lot about why we receive challenges, and especially the timing of them. Like the subject kind of indicates, I don't think we will always truly understand why we were given a particular trial at a particular time in our lives, but sometime, we will understand (shout out to "Lamb of God",  go listen to it! track 23)

Here is a link to Lamb of God production by Rob Gardner, track 23 - "Sometime We'll Understand". Elder Muller has commented that this sound track has become his favorite on his mission.



Something that I've learned, and am still learning, (and to semi quote Elder Hunter) is that everyone is hurting.

Everyone is struggling with something, even the people that we think are fine. We are all hurting. It is really hard to see that. I think as missionaries we are able to see that a lot easier in people than normal. We are so engaged in their spiritual development and well being, that we have a window to their souls. We see the hurt. We do our best to help them, but the only one who can truly heal us, is the Savior.

This week has been really tough for me, not because of my own personal struggles, but because of the struggles of the people around me. A lot of very close friends, and even not so close friends, have opened up to me about their struggles, about their hurt.

I am not sure why a lot of the things that happened this week did. I especially don't know why they happened now. I do know that I have been put in this place and time to help them. I am not sure how I am going to help them.

I am just grateful that I am where I am at this point on my mission, and my conversion, that I'm in a place that I can support them. I have climbed a lot of mountains on my mission, and now it is time for me to turn around and help the others up.

Our investigator Cleo shared a very nice scripture with us last night, it's in 2 Corinthians 4:8-11. I can't look it up, but please go read it.

(I have added a link to read this scripture)


I know that this email might not make much sense, it doesn't to me either, but I felt like I needed to share that with you.

I know that Christ lives, I know that He loves us, and that nothing can separate us from His love. We can overcome and do all things through Christ who strengthens us. I know that the Atonement is THE way to overcome our challenges and trials in life, no matter how small.

I love all of you a lot. Have a great week.

Elder M.


Elder Muller and Elder Matos - companions in the Provo MTC!

This is his protective gear for removing mold??? Seriously??!

Elder Muller saying this is how they clean mold??!!??

Another trip to the top of the tower in Delft!

Another P-day climbing the tower of Delft with the Sister Missionaries


Lunch at Sub-Way


Following are pictures from the Oude Nieuwe Kerk in Delft. See this link for information:  
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Oude_Kerk,_Delft







































Delft, Nederland

No comments:

Post a Comment