Monday, June 22, 2015

We Had a Baby!!

Street called Florida Way!!  How cool is that!!


View from Elder Muller's Apartment
Rotterdam
Yep! This week the Silva team and I hit our 9 month mark. I didn't even realize it until they told me. (Elders Muller, Silva and da Silva have been on their missions for 9 months! In missionary terms, that means they have been serving long enough to have had a baby! I think this is their own joke!)


We made a picture to celebrate the occasion. 


Ummm...maybe a bit disturbing!


This has been probably one of the busiest weeks of my mission. I know I taught the most lessons I have ever in one week. We had a solid week though. It was nice.

Tuesday was really crazy. We just taught lessons the whole day. I was on exchanges with Elder Torniainen, and we just had the most solid day ever. We taught three really good lessons. One was with J---, who is getting baptized in August. We taught the first part of the second lesson, Het Heilsplan. (The Plan of Salvation) She had a lot of really good questions, and it was just a solid lesson. Also, last week she wasn't sure if she really wanted to get baptized, but she prayed about it, and is now sure that she does. So cool! 

Here is a link to read and understand the lesson Elder Muller taught on The Plan of Salvation: 

This is also worth mentioning. Elder Torniainen is gluten intolerant, (gluten free, but not girl free ;) )

It was a challenge to  make food for him, because we had a lot of gluten filled food. We decided to experiment. We took some potatoes, peppers, spices, and onions, and fried them up. Then we took some chicken and marinated it in spices. We cooked that up too. It was one of the best meals I've ever made. It was really good. Who knew that gluten free could be tasty!? *joke*

That night we decided to look up J----, another one of our investigators. She was supposed to get baptized this past Saturday, but she fell off the face of the Earth a couple weeks ago. We had tried to get in contact to no avail. I felt like we should go look her up, so we did. She was home and let us in. We were able to work through her concerns, and she is back on board. She probably won't get baptized just yet, but we are teaching her again. She is probably the coolest investigator I've taught so far. :)

So I'm having internet problems, so I'm going to have to wrap up before I can't send anything at all. 

Sorry about that. We were really busy this week, and we are excited for next week. E--- is getting baptized whoooo!

Saturday we had a kerken nacht (Church Night) here in Rotterdam. All of the church buildings in the city stood open, and everyone was welcome to come inside. To promote it, all the churches came and sang Happy Day in the middle of the markt bij Blaak.(market by Blaak - a market square) I uploaded a video and some pictures of it. 


Elder Hills and I are doing great, and we are just staying super busy. Probably the most success I've seen so far.

I love you guys, and I hope you are all doing well.

Tot volgende week! (Until next week!)

Elder Muller









Baptismal Font


The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints in Rotterdam Kerken Nacht

Waiting for the Tram









Elder Muller and Elder Hills



No comments:

Post a Comment