Wednesday, July 27, 2016

4 - "By the Grace of God"















Monday, July 25, 2016



Good morning everyone! 

By the Grace of God I am here emailing again. By the grace of God, a great saying taught to us by the one, the only, Brother George. He has an amazing testimony, and truly understands the role that grace plays in his life. I love that man! He always gives thanks for the grace of God, and rightfully so! 

So this has been a really strange week. We had a lot of good stuff happen, but we also got destroyed a couple times. So Elder Richards and I are taking it a bit easy today, trying to recover. 

I'm not really sure what I want to talk about today. I'm just figuring this out as I go :)

Yesterday (Sunday) we taught the lesson in de Jongemannen class. (Young Mens)  We taught about De Geest van Openbaring ofwel, The Spirit of Revelation by David A Bednar. (April 2011 Gen Conf) and these videos -> https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EkOVbT2oxnI 

We discussed with the young men about how THEY receive personal revelation. The process of revelation, and why it's important to recognize how you receive your own revelation. We also discussed the outlines in Alma 5:45-46 and Alma 26:22.


Alma 5:45-46
45 And this is not all. Do ye not suppose that I know of these things myself? Behold, I testify unto you that I do know that these things whereof I have spoken are true. And how do ye suppose that I know of their surety?
 46 Behold, I say unto you they are made known unto me by the Holy Spirit of God. Behold, I have fasted and prayed many days that I might know these things of myself. And now I do know of myself that they are true; for the Lord God hath made them manifest unto me by his Holy Spirit; and this is the spirit of revelation which is in me.
Alma 26:22
 22 Yea, he that repenteth and exerciseth faith, and bringeth forth good works, and prayeth continually without ceasing—unto such it is given to know the mysteries of God; yea, unto such it shall be given to reveal things which never have been revealed; yea, and it shall be given unto such to bring thousands of souls to repentance, even as it has been given unto us to bring these our brethren to repentance.


I'm not really sure what to write about. I guess I will just share my testimony then. 

I know that this work is true. I've seen the hand of God in it. To tie it back to the subject line, it's by His Grace that we are able to accomplish the things that He has commanded us. There is a scripture in Alma 12 that says, "And God gave unto them commandments after having made known unto them the plan of redemption." The knowledge of the Plan of Salvation is the basis of everything we do in the Gospel, it is the "why" of everything. What was the church Restored? Because God wanted His children to know His plan for them. Learn about it, if you don't know what it is, ask the missionaries, they can help you. :) 

Answers to almost all of our questions in life can be found in some way in our understanding of the Plan of Redemption. Learn, live it, Love it. 

Have a great week everyone!!

Elder M. 


















No comments:

Post a Comment